About Shelton PTSA
Shelton PTSA is a volunteer group of family members, teachers, students and administrators who work collaboratively to sponsor social and educational events, as well as support our Shelton community.
It is a local PTA/PTSA organized under the authority of Colorado Congress of Parents and Teachers (Colorado PTA), a branch of the National Congress of Parents and Teachers (National PTA). Meet / contact your Shelton officers.
How we help shelton financially
In addition to organizing social events to engage our Shelton community,we also provide the funds that support and enrich the learning environment. Every dollar raised by PTSA stays at Shelton or directly benefits our Shelton community.
- Student Grants: We donate $10-$20 per student to teachers at the beginning of the school year to purchase classroom materials
- Technology Grants: We donate funds each year to purchase items such as computers, iPads, projectors and software to help create a 21st century learning environment
- Science Lab: We provide the funds to build and equip Shelton's science lab
- After-School Enrichment Scholarships: We provide scholarships to students who need assistance to participate in after-school programs
- PAWS (Positive Behavior Incentive System): We provide the majority of the funds to purchase the PAWS reward items and a coffee bar for teachers
- Bees (Spelling, Geography, etc.): We fund these educational events
- Snacks During Testing: To ensure our students can focus during testing, we provide snacks during standardized testing
- Sunshine Committee: We provide funds to help students pay for field trips and purchase necessities
- School Directory: We pay the fee to use the database program that hosts our School Directory